Funding Opportunity: DOE SBIR/STTR Programs FY 2024 Topics for Phase I Release 1
The Department of Energy has issued topics for the 2024 Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) Phase I Release 1 Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA). Topics are available on the SBIR/STTR website: https://science.osti.gov/sbir/Funding-Opportunities. The following DOE program offices are participating in this solicitation:
- Office of Advanced Scientific Computing Research (ASCR)
- Office of Basic Energy Sciences (BES)
- Office of Biological and Environmental Research (BER)
- Office of Fusion Energy Sciences (FES)
- Office of High Energy Physics (HEP)
- Office of Nuclear Physics (NP)
Upcoming Topics Webinar
Please register for one or all of the DOE FY 2024 Phase I Release 1 SBIR/STTR Topics webinars to hear directly from the DOE Topic Managers, as they briefly provide insight into their respective topics. These webinars are scheduled for 90 minutes.
- Webinar 1: ASCR and BES Topics (1–15) Tuesday, July 18, 2023, at 2 p.m. ET. Register by clicking here.
- Webinar 2: BER and FES Topics (16–25) Wednesday, July 19, 2023, at 2 p.m. ET. Register by clicking here.
- Webinar 3: HEP and NP Topics (26–36) Wednesday, July 26, 2023, at 2 p.m. ET. Register by clicking here.
During registration, you will be able to submit questions in advance as well as during each webinar. If you can’t attend the live webinars, they will be recorded for later viewing. Please note: Technology Transfer Opportunity Topic 15 will not be discussed in these webinars. Please contact the TTO point of contact directly as listed in the Topics for Release 1 document.
Funding Opportunity Announcement Webinar
DOE will hold a webinar to discuss the FOA and application process on Friday, August 11, 2023. Important changes to the DOE SBIR and STTR programs for the coming year will also be addressed. You will receive a subsequent email invitation to the FOA webinar on the date of its release.
Important Upcoming Dates
- Funding Opportunity Announcement to be Issued: Monday, August 7, 2023
- Topics for Release 1: PDF
- Letter of Intent Due Date: Monday, August 28, 2023 at 5 p.m. ET
- Non-responsive LOI Feedback Provided: Monday, September 18, 2023
- Application Due Date: Tuesday, October 10, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. ET
- Technical Contacts: Please refer to the appropriate DOE Program Manager listed after each subtopic in the DOE SBIR/STTR Topics for Release 1 document.